After leaving my job I resolved to read more books with my eyes (rather than my ears) this year. The concept of reading with my eyes was a mid-year’s resolution of sorts, and I’m proud to say I’ve done a fairly good job keeping up with it. I’m also finding that reading books myself, seeing the way words are arranged on a page, is helping get the fiction cogs working in my brain again, so stay tuned for those developments!
I don’t have a number of books in mind to read, but will attempt at least one book a month for the rest of the year. Eventually my goal is to do detailed reviews of my favorites of the favorites. Until then, check out the 2019 book list below. As with the 2018 Book List the only books here are books I would recommend to others. The bolded books denote my favorites of the favorites. The books are listed in the order in which they were read.
As I get into detailed reviews I’ll be sure to hyperlink the books here.
- The Girls, Emma Cline
- Still Alice, Lisa Genova
- The Boy on the Bridge, M.R. Carey
- The Girl with All the Gifts, M.R. Carey
- The Witch Elm, Tana French
- We All Looked Up, Tommy Wallach
- The First Time She Drowned, Kerry Kletter
- Mercy Snow, Tiffany Baker
- Muse of Nightmares, Laini Taylor
- The Kiss Quotient, Helen Hoang
- An Object of Beauty, Steve Martin
- The Last Romantics, Tara Conklin
- The Immortalists, Chloe Benjamin
- Six of Crows, Leigh Bardugo
- Crooked Kingdom, Leigh Bardugo
- Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman
- Jazz, Toni Morrison (In Progress)